Thursday, March 27, 2008

So tired of waiting...but life is good...


Hurry up; we are ready for you, Danny!!!
..
This wait seems so very long. It’s strange that waiting can be so tiring but I know first hand that worrying about your children is the most exhausting thing there is.

The weeks have dragged by and the fact that this is also the fifth anniversary of the month leading up to Josh’s diagnosis hasn’t helped.

I was just putting the finishing touches on a blog of several paragraphs of “woe’s me” when I took a break to put Gracie to bed.

One story and she was out like a light. I stayed there for a while as she slept. Then just as I was getting up to leave she rolled over. Still completely asleep, but just as completely sure of where I was she snuggled herself into me nudging her head into the crook of my shoulder.

And so for tonight anyway, life is good.

Easter Sunday; 6 inches of new snow; 32 degrees outside; but our hearts are warm!

4 comments:

The Wilkens Family said...

Hello! I have been thinking of you. Praying you get some news soon...GOOD news!

Stephanie said...

Waiting is exhausting, even when you are not doing anything but thinking...all the time! I do not understand wait, I hate wait, but God understands. That is all that gets me through the thinking and waiting. I am praying for our babies. I pray they are all home so very soon. May God give you rest, peace, and comfort as you continue this wait that is difficult, but we know is so worth it in the end.
Praying,
stephanie

Amy said...

Praying that you hear news of an Out soon. I am assured God's timing is perfect, but it is still difficult to wait.

hannah said...

I am hear waiting with you. Do not ever think that you are alone. I pray the we all get the CALL soon. Hang in there. Praying for you.